Consistent with its mission, the Center for Teaching & Learning (CTL) has a long history of both scholarly research and public dissemination. In addition to research and dissemination by individual faculty, the CTL team works together and in partnership with international collaborators to advance the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) and educational research, more generally.
Below, please find a sampling of some of the many recent publications and presentations of CTL faculty and staff. The selection is meant to highlight the diverse facets of colleagues’ work, rather than to be comprehensive. Additional publications can be found via the profiles of the respective colleagues. Current and recent CTL colleagues are bolded in multi-author publications.
Last update: January 2021
- Lubbe, JC. 2022 (Forthcoming). Narrating the Forces of Change: Supporting Faculty during the Transition to Online Teaching and Assessment. CHE Kagisano 14.
- Rymarenko, M., Dunajeva, J. Faculty approaches to diversity in Eastern European education: Implications for teaching sensitive topics. Society Register 6(2), 2022 (forthcoming)
- Kozakowski, M., Lucas, K., Rudnev, I. 2022 (Forthcoming). “Looking Beyond Pandemic Pedagogies at a Highly International University” Przegląd Krytyczny [Critical Review] Special Edition: Higher Education during the Pandemic.
- Dunajeva, J. 2022 (Forthcoming). Teaching about Roma in contemporary Hungary” in Katarzyna Górak-Sosnowska and Urszula Markowska-Manista (eds.) Teaching about “Invisible Others”. The Central and East European Perspective. Springer.
- Kozakowski, M. 2020. Becoming Workers of Greater France: Vocational Education in Colonial Morocco, 1912-1939, in Education and Development in Colonial and Postcolonial Africa, eds. Damiano Matasci, Miguel Bandeira Jerónimo, and Hugo Gonçalves Dores. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Donnelly, R. & Politis, Y. 2021. Embracing online engagement with undergraduate supervisors: Collective perspectives on the online pivot. Innovations in Education and Teaching International, Special issue on Online/Remote/Distance Supervision
- Turner, A., Ross, W., Lubbe, JC. 2021. A ray of sun in the COVID-19 environment with a virtual sunburst elective. African Journal of Health Professions Education 13(3): 189-190. Online ISSN: 2078-5127
- Politis, Y., Newbutt, N., et al. 2021. Case Studies of Users with Neurodevelopmental Disabilities: Showcasing Their Roles in Early Stages of VR Training Development. In: A. Brooks, S. Braham, B. Kapralos, A. Nakajima, J. Tyerman & L.C. Jain (Eds.), Recent Advances in Technologies of Inclusive Well-Being: Virtual patients, gamification and simulation. Dordrecht: Springer.
- Robb, N., Boyle, B. Politis, Y., et al. 2021. Participatory technology design for autism and cognitive disabilities: a narrative overview of issues and techniques. In: A. Brooks, et al., (eds.), Recent Advances in Technologies of Inclusive Well-Being: Virtual patients, gamification and simulation. Dordrecht: Springer.
- Lubbe, JC., Turner, A., Wolvaardt, L. 2020. Incorporating the mature student’s voice and lived experiences into continuous quality improvement. South African Journal of Higher Education. Vol 34 https://www.journals.ac.za/index.php/sajhe/article/view/4251/2468 eISSN: 1753-5913
- Jekatyerina, D. 2021. Constructing Identities over Time. "Bad Gypsies" and "Good Roma" in Russia and Hungary. Budapest: CEU Press, 2021. ISBN: 9789633864159 (available open access: https://openresearchlibrary.org/content/cc01778c-2b56-4954-b5d8-9598e80d495b/details)
- Politis, Y. 2021. Just-in-time curriculum re-design & digital delivery of accredited professional development for UG supervisors. Polytechnic Summit.
- Kozakowski, M. 2021. Longing for “Normality”? Faculty Engagement & The Challenges of Blended Learning Post-Crisis. AMICAL.
- Lucas, K. 2021. Offering UDL Workshops Remotely During the Pandemic & Beyond. Universal Design for Learning Higher Education (UDLHE) Digicon.
- Lubbe, JC. 2021. Navigating the Forces of Change: Supporting Faculty (Success and Failure in the Transition to Online Teaching and Assessment During a Crisis). OnlineEd.
- Lubbe, JC., Adam, S.2021. Unconventional assignments: Giving students voice, choice and responsibility. SAAHE Conference
- Politis, Y., Kozakowski, M. 2021. Roundtable: Enabling Early Career Researchers' pursuit of an academic career. Canadian Society for the study of Higher Education
- Lubbe, JC., Coetzee, M.2021. Escaping the dreary revision (or re-teaching?) session. SAAHE Conference
- Politis, Y. 2021. Gender Bias in Science Textbooks (GBiST): An examination of the genderness levels of an Irish Science textbook. European Conference in Educational Research
External Workshop Facilitation
- Dunajeva, K., Lucas, K. 2022. Inclusive Online Education. Erasmus+ SENSI-CLASS Project.
- Lubbe, JC. 2021. Game-based learning workshop. FODES.
- Kozakowski, M. 2021. CEU’s Experience as a Highly International University
Implications for Teaching & Learning. Erasmus+ IMPACT Project.
- Lubbe, JC. 2021. Gamifying learning in Higher Education. December 2021. Paray School of nursing (Lesotho).
- Kamatovic, T. 2021. Promoting Equity in the Classroom. Ashesi University.
- Lucas, K. 2021. Universal Design for Learning. Ashesi University
- Kozakowski, M. 2021. Teaching Critical Thinking. Ashesi University.
- Lubbe, JC. 2021. Game-Based Learning. Ashesi University.
- Politis, Y. 2021. Supervising Undergraduate Research. Ashesi University.
- Politis, Y. 2021. Developing Researchable Questions & Designing a Research Study. Ashesi University.